Tuesday, April 22, 2008

WILLingness Vs. UnWILLingness

Marcus, a close confidant of mine, will be going through his very own D-day today. He has confided his woes to me on our numerous outings, never dropping the slightest hint of an impending civil marriage. And to complicate the whole matter, he has engaged his buddy WILL as the best-man for the occasion. That’s really a D-day for my confidant! D-day during WWII saw thousands perished in the name of LIBERATION. History recorded Eisenhower postponed the actual Normandy landings for a day because of bad weather. I wonder if Marcus would replicate the gesture out of cold feet………. I guess not, as Typhoon Neoguri which brought havoc to Hong Kong last weekend came a few days too early!

Marcus, bless his soul, has always been optimistic about his life, career, and hopefully his relationship. He is so optimistic that he coined his name as Marriage Always Requires Careful Uncompromised Sacrifices (MARCUS). I told him yesterday, on reflection, Marcus actually stood for Meet Another Rascal Conceding Ubiquitous inSanity (MARCUS?).

I sound like an immoral brute of the worst order, something which I am not proud to admit but nonetheless given the circumstances in which I am about to witness, I have no other alternatives. Many people are blessed with the fortune of finding their better halves and a relationship that grows with time. There is also a big proportion that went through the whole thing, only to be troubled by endless further troubles. I am not a sage as such, my words are no wisdoms to many, but at least it came from deep within my heart. I have fullest empathy towards this old friend of mine, and I hope his days ahead will be forever blessed with good fortunes and understandings. I am sincere in this respect.

Towards WILL, I have nothing to add except he is a likeable chap amongst the rich and for the middle class, like us, we loathe with his presence. To me, my life would be better off if WILL never crosses my path. WILL considers himself indispensable, and in actual fact, he considers our acquaintance will stretch to our next generation with him as the guardian angel. Guardian, my foot WILL! Folks, if you ever come close to WILL, please prepare to tangent off your path because it is best for you to do so.

MARCUS, uphold whatever belief you have on your D-day, don't let my pessimism dictate your important day. D-day may mean liberation in WWII but to you, I believe it is THE HONOUR TO COMMIT. I understand your willingness to honour a lifetime of commitments towards your better half. I also sympathize to your predicament and unwillingness to associate WILL’s presence. Whatever you do, just make sure that WILL is out of the equation. Have a party and forget WILL forever!

No comments: