Friday, June 5, 2009

Testament of Time

Something for us to ponder…. 20 years on, the feeling is as strong as ever. I wonder what the implication would be if the same were to occur in my home country?

150,000 Hongkongers gathered at Victoria Park on 4th June 2009

a. First of all, you will never get a permit to host a gathering of that magnitude
b. We will have to deploy hundreds of PDRM personnel to keep the situation at bay
c. Multiple arrests will be imminent
d. We could be the only country where candle light vigil is a taboo

I rest my case. Although I never supported the cause of June 4th, I have to take my hat off for those who did, and more importantly to those who still remember the importance of this day. May those who perished on that memorable day find their long lasting peace. The world still remembers the brave youngsters who sacrificed themselves for a freer China. And may the whole world remembers the statement “All the things that happened in and around Tiananmen Square on June 4, 1989, didn’t happen” is just a politburo paraphrase.

No comments: