Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So Unique, So Diverse, So Very Boleh

Shakespeare once wrote that a rose by any other name smells as sweet. I think dung by any other name stinks as bad. This is the age of grave irony. If you want to make the headlines, wearing black is probably a good idea. Wearing Black, you say? There is probably no better guiding principle in life for citizen of Bolehland anymore, I suspect. Is this a bash from our ever no-nonsense totalitarian authority? Or is this a joke! You cannot wear black, and you cannot drink Kopi-O??? Adoi......
Aiyoyo, drink Kopi-O also cannot meh.
Like that how leh?

I read today’s news on our very own South China Morning Post in total amazement. It was news on people wearing black and drinking Kopi-O. It reads “Dressed in black, the colour of protest, and 200 activists sat at cafĂ© tables quietly drinking coffee – black, of course. Bewildered, police stood outside and watched the coffee drinkers with interfering.” I can’t relate this bewildering news to my fellow Hongkongers here because on July 1st 2003, 500,000 of them took on the street all wearing BLACK. Nowhere in the history of Hong Kong is such insubordination displayed more explicitly. I suppose a picture paints a thousand words.


I am not a political observer or analyst but it is becoming a political dismal to read our very own police saying “We are monitoring the targeted outlets and if necessary will arrest any person wearing black as they approach the outlets.” Hello, it is only a small crowd lah, I am sure you have better roles to play in keeping the nation’s crime rate from spiraling uncontrollably.

I don’t know about you but come tomorrow I shall immersed myself in the comfort within the aroma of the sophisticated grandeur of good old Kopi-O. Errrrrh……black of course! Hello kawan, tak bleh buat gitu, nanti orang gelak kita orang macam kerbau... ah..mari mari, jom minum Kopi-O kau kau..........hehehehehe

No comments: