Saturday, June 20, 2009

Double Life Girl - So Good Meh?

There is something strange happening lately, and I can’t fully grasp the sensation. I don't know why, but it is happening. For, when it comes to movies or cinemas or whatever box you may care to call, people are really divided. There are those who hate it, and then there are those who really, really, really hate them. But, the most irksome type would be those who hate to pay for it but love to watch it on DVDs, errrr……pirated copies of course, my dear sister included.
I still cannot overcome the ‘surprise’ sensation when my dear niece shared her delight to a movie session with her mum. My sister, after years of patronizing pirated DVDs, can suddenly have this urge to visit the local cinema? Unbelievable! And to make the surprise even more surprising was the theme “Hannah Montana!” What on earth is a 40-ish woman doing within an audience of hardly 15 years old?? Personally, the only way I can survive that movie is subjecting myself into a good sleep, only to be awakened by the giggling and screams to the songs of Miley Cyrus aka Hannah and Taylor whatever-is-her-name. And only then will I pretend all this pain isn't all there.

I don’t get it…songs like Let’s Get Crazy (shouldn’t it be Let’s Get Lazy?) and Let’s Do This (and that?) can make the movie grossed so much….. Don’t people care about title of songs anymore? Titles like Let’s Get Crazy or Let’s Do This, is probably the last thing a sane person would bother to have it as a title. They simply don’t click, you know. But then again, I may be an extinct movie or song critic. How am I to know anything more than the golden oldies? Songs that I am familiar, and songs that definitely have an appropriate title. I thought “Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree” is meaningful. People still tie yellow ribbons as a sign of home-coming, don’t they? I would have rhyme in synchrony if someone still plays “Knock Three Times” on the ceiling….(see songwriters then are so catchy, not on the door leh). And then “Puppy Love” would have us sung our hearts out for that ‘girl’. No? Then, you have never been through the sweetest years of your lives! And how about “Put Your Head On My Shoulder”, so ever a golden song; best for all occasion, mate. I guess I don’t have to elaborate the golden classics, they were songs that are definitely endearing and quite aptly titled, I must admit.
Enough said. Melody asked to come over my place later than usual this evening. She is going out with friends to watch Hannah Montana: The Movie……and yes, it opens today in Hong Kong. I am not invited to join her, or more appropriately she refuses to let her friends hear her father’s snore in the cinema! I am not sure this is the correct way to treat an old man especially when it is supposingly Father’s Day weekend.

Happy Father’s Day, and maybe I shall write a song at home, an absolutely stupid lyrics that goes something like ……I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping….and sweeping it shall be as always. How’s that, Nicole? Care to include this in one of your many songs…… like Paper Hearts? Or, should I say Let’s Go Lazy! Party on, dude.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, MELODY SAID.


No comments: