Thursday, May 19, 2011

Attitude or Personality

I have this amazing experience over the week-end; it did not happen once, that much I can assure you. The truth is it happened a good few times before I was asked by my buddy to write a blog on this odd-ball. He has made a special request that this blog should be satirical enough to stir some laughters, only for the smart witted readers, but not serious enough to hurt the person, yes perhaps the one and only of his kind left in this world. I am torn between words of truth and being satire. No, that’s an understatement for I actually struggled to sound nice when it irks.

This particularly bloke is actually a rather nice man when he is sober but intoxicated after about two bottles of beer, he turns to Mr. Hyde. You have people who seem nice and normal, and then in a matter of minutes turned into a clone of our infamous Perkasa Ali chap. Alas, unless you are really in a good mood, having to last his demonic sermon over the entire evening is somewhat an arduous task, even the 20 years old Chivas will not save you the wrath. If I may, I like to offer a theory to sum up this behavior. It is what I called “The Unbearable Beings of a Socially Suppressed Soul” and “The Insurmountable Needs to Hallucinate”. I think you get my point, either way it will drive a soul from mentally sound man into delusion.

The deluded bloke has this belief that he is born with three ominous signs, good grief he did not say three wise men went in search of him! A. he has brought along the gifted sword; B. the command flag and last, C. the imperial seal. I am usually an open-minded person, and I tend to accept myths and beliefs but towards him I tend to be remained cynical. Not sure if anyone would agree, despite the fact that I may slur in my speech (after heavy intoxication), I am skeptical to whatever he has to say. Mind you, he never changed his story and that was what is so amazing about him. They say if you keep telling the same lie for 100 times, or even 1000 times in his case, you will eventually believe it is true. I consulted a psychiatrist friend of mine, and he acknowledged this fact. Subconsciously the mind will turn blur pieces into crystal clear logically tied frames.

I am a moralistic type of person. And I loathe the way he boasts about his future billions and belittling you in the process. The reality is, at 50, he is still as broke as me. I may not be a fortune teller but I am certainly unconvinced that time is on his side to realize his 30 billion ringgit in liquid assets. Yes, that’s how much he is bragging of his future 30B. As if making a mockery of my humble pocket is his favorite past-time, his infamous moronic gesture would be, “Would putting 10M into your business venture good enough for you? It hurts if one’s pride is persistently bombarded in that manner, that I am speaking from myself. I am not a beggar, I don't have a business but an ordinary average Joe who is an employee of a firm and last but not least, 10M is nothing (I may not have it) in today’s financial world. In one instance, it did occur to me what the outcomes were if I smashed the empty beer bottle over his head. I calculated my chances on where the blood would spurt; making sure my newly bought shirt is not stained from the oozing fountain of blood. Do I hack him once, or twice, or endless rounds of poundings? Nah, I have regained my composure for just as short as a time I spent on ways of smashing his head.

I think the whole thing about his ‘future’ asset is a bit of the old adage about money calls for money. In some way, I do sympathise him. Even if he were to make it, it is still like a hamster in a wheel, forever running for more. I rather am the humble average Joe than the hamster with 30B, would you?

And I have to agree with what Melody said all along, I don’t have an attitude problem, I just have a personality you can’t handle”. I concede it's probably me that can't handle his personality rather than his attitude. Am I being too nice to him, bro?

No comments: